on the mirror field of the disc - a relief image of the State Emblem of the Russian Federation, above it along the edge - a semicircular inscription: "RUSSIAN FEDERATION", framed on both sides by double rhombuses, below the emblem: on the left - designations of precious metal and alloy samples, on the right - the content of chemically pure metal and the mint trademark, below in the center in three lines - the inscription: "BANK OF RUSSIA", coin denomination: "3 RUBLES", year of issue: "2020".
on the disc's mirror field - a relief image of the Tula Kremlin against the background of the city's panorama; top left - a relief image of the coat of arms of the city of Tula; at the top along the edging - the inscription: "TULA KREMLIN", at the bottom right in two lines - the inscription: "500 YEARS".
The Tula Kremlin is an outstanding monument of Russian defense architecture of the 16th century. Built on the most important strategic direction of the Crimean Tatar raids - Muravsky Shlyakh, for several centuries it defended the southern borders of the Russian state, was the main link in the famous Big Zasechnaya line. The history of the Tula Kremlin began in 1507, when, by order of Grand Duke Vasily III, the construction of a "stone city" - the Tula fortress - began in Tula. Construction lasted thirteen years and was completed in 1520. During its existence, the Tula Kremlin has never surrendered to the enemy. In 1552, under the walls of the Kremlin, the troops of the Crimean Khan Devlet-Giray were defeated, which largely ensured the success of the famous campaign of Tsar Ivan the Terrible against Kazan. In 1607, over four months in Tula, the rebels led by Ivan Bolotnikov defended themselves against the army of Tsar Vasily Shuisky. The Tula Kremlin is a regular fortress, in the plan it is a rectangle. The architecture of the monument organically combines the age-old traditions of Russian architecture and the best achievements of Western European fortification art. A distinctive feature of the Tula Kremlin is its location on a low place, in the floodplain of the Upa River. The active use of fortress artillery in the 16th century made it possible to build citadels at a relatively low location. The Tula Kremlin today is a unique complex of historical and architectural monuments. Its ensemble, in addition to the walls and towers that have not undergone significant reconstructions since the 16th century, includes two former cathedrals: Holy Dormition Cathedral (18th century) and Epiphany Cathedral (19th century), shopping arcade (19th century), the building of the first city power plant (XX century).
Artists: E.V. Kramskaya (obverse), A.D. Shchablykin (reverse). Sculptors: A.A. Dolgopolova (obverse), F.S. Andronov (reverse).