on the mirror field of the disc - a relief image of the State Emblem of the Russian Federation, above it along the edge - an inscription in a semicircle: "RUSSIAN FEDERATION", framed on both sides by double rhombuses, below the emblem: on the left - designations of precious metal and alloy samples, on the right - the content of chemically pure metal and the mint trademark, at the bottom in the center in three lines - the inscription: "BANK OF RUSSIA", coin denomination: "3 RUBLES", year of issue: "2021".
on the disc's mirror field - a relief image of the northeastern wall of the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin and the Chkalovskaya stairs leading to the Volga; at the top along the edge - the inscription: "NIZHNIY NOVGOROD", below - the inscription: "800 YEARS".
Nizhny Novgorod was founded in 1221 by the Grand Duke of Vladimir Yuri Vsevolodovich, the grandson of the founder of Moscow, Prince Yuri Dolgoruky. The fortress took an extremely advantageous position in the military-strategic respect - the mountain dominating the confluence of the Oka and the Volga. At the end of the 15th century, a stone Kremlin was erected in the city, which became an outstanding structure of Russian fortification art. From the walls of this Kremlin in the winter of 1612, a militia headed by Kuzma Minin and Dmitry Pozharsky marched out to fight the Polish-Lithuanian invaders. With the capture of Kazan by Ivan the Terrible, and then Astrakhan, Nizhny Novgorod became the center through which all the trade of the Russian state with the East went. The largest in the country Makaryevskaya fair was formed and operated here. In the 17th century, the Nizhny Novgorod Volga region, in relatively peaceful living conditions, received the opportunity to rapidly develop agriculture, industry, trade and culture, largely determining the level of commercial, industrial and artistic development of the entire country. The rise of Nizhny Novgorod as an administrative center took place in the 18th century: in 1714 the city became a provincial town. The transformation of Nizhny Novgorod into the "capital" of a significant region of Russia had a beneficial effect on the development of all aspects of city life: industry, trade, education, medicine, culture, sciences and urban planning. At the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, Nizhny Novgorod became a major scientific and cultural center of the country. The trade significance of the city also increased: in 1822, instead of the burned down complex of the Makarievskaya fair, the Nizhny Novgorod fair was built, which was of exceptional importance in the history of Russian trade and the formation of the all-Russian market and was one of the largest in the world. The largest urban planning transformations of the city took place in the 30-40s of the XIX century. The erected numerous public buildings and private trading houses remain the main artistically valuable architectural background of the historical buildings of the city. Modern Nizhny Novgorod is the center of the Volga Federal District, a million-plus city, the fifth most populous in Russia. Over the centuries, Nizhny Novgorod has become a significant commercial and industrial center, preserving its ancient beauty and beautiful views.
Artists: E.V. Kramskaya (obverse), A.A. Cheese (reverse). Sculptors: A.A. Dolgopolova (obverse), A.N. Bessonov (reverse).